The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Updated FAQs & OI

This isn't really a question about this forum, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Once the 11th edition is released, some (all?) of the page references to the 10th ed. in the FAQs and OI (and maybe some of the answers and opinions?) will no longer be accurate. I am wondering if the A-team has a target date for having those updated. Ideally, the updates would occur simultaneously with the release of the new edition, but I don't know if that is realistic.

This isn't really a question about this forum, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Once the 11th edition is released, some (all?) of the page references to the 10th ed. in the FAQs and OI (and maybe some of the answers and opinions?) will no longer be accurate. I am wondering if the A-team has a target date for having those updated. Ideally, the updates would occur simultaneously with the release of the new edition, but I don't know if that is realistic.

The FAQ’s will be updated contemporaneously with publication of the 11th edition.

Although I do not remember any final decision having been made as to the Official Interpretations. I am inclined to think that nothing at all need be done with them since they are, and will remain, correct interpretations of provisions contained in the 10th edition. In a number of instances, changes in the text of the 11th edition make such further explanation unnecessary, but others may continue to be of some assistance. When and if it becomes necessary, we will, of course, be issuing official interpretations of provisions contained in the 11th edition.

The FAQ’s will be updated contemporaneously with publication of the 11th edition.

Although I do not remember any final decision having been made as to the Official Interpretations. I am inclined to think that nothing at all need be done with them since they are, and will remain, correct interpretations of provisions contained in the 10th edition. In a number of instances, changes in the text of the 11th edition make such further explanation unnecessary, but others may continue to be of some assistance. When and if it becomes necessary, we will, of course, be issuing official interpretations of provisions contained in the 11th edition.

Thanks, Dan. I am looking forward to the new edition. I agree that it would be a good idea to retain the OI for the 10th edition at least for a while. My initial thought was that they should be updated; but of course, there should be no need for OI for the new edition until it has been in use for a while, and new interpretation questions begin to arise.

Archived