The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Forum Upgrade - September 2011

Boss Lady

Also - no longer is it easy to go BACK to the discussion. I read a post and want to go back to the list of posts - and I can't figure out HOW.

Just hitting the "return" key isn't working. (on a Mac).

There are appropriate links for this just above the first post and just below the last post on the page. At the top, there should be a "path" of links. For instance, for this thread, the path is "RONR Forum -> RONR Discussion Board -> Questions or Comments about the Message Board." The first link will return you to the main page for the forum, the second will return you to the list of forums, and the third will take you to the list of threads in this forum. At the bottom, the link is "Back to Questions or Comments about the Message Board," which will return you to the list of threads in this forum. Naturally, if you are in another forum the link will be replaced with the title of that forum.

• 11 months later...

I gather, from your question, that guests are not.

Correct. Only registered members have the ability to send a "private message" to other registered members. There is a "Send a Message" button on each member's profile page. Each member can disable this feature on their profile page as well, as part of their individual "privacy" settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Wups. Some other button I would have done well do have pressed. "View New Content," eh? How long it's been around, you figure?

:-)

________

N.B. I explain jokes sometimes. Yes I have never engaged the "View New Content" button. Yes I acknowledge I would have been better off if I had. Yes I figure Guest_Edgar understood and used it right off. No, I don't expect this 19th-century computer here to be particularly accommodating, which is why I didn't trouble it to look at tinkerings like this newfangled American "View New Content" button.

My best to everyone. There's a thread over on the Auspicious Pronouncements branch I see, started by GPN.

I still want a board meeting.

Archived