The Official RONR Q & A Forums

security check

Guest Abqgram

VERY attractive site but the security check is SO difficult! I can't tell the shape of some

of the letters, or whether it is needed to use caps and non-caps - the colors add to the confusion.

like right now there is what looks like an upside down T, but it could be a small y. then there is a 3, very clear but the next letter looks like a fancy 3 but has no really recognizable identity. Upside down E? And a T behind a Capital R, unless it is an upside down L.

VERY attractive site but the security check is SO difficult! I can't tell the shape of some

of the letters, or whether it is needed to use caps and non-caps - the colors add to the confusion.

like right now there is what looks like an upside down T, but it could be a small y. then there is a 3, very clear but the next letter looks like a fancy 3 but has no really recognizable identity. Upside down E? And a T behind a Capital R, unless it is an upside down L.

Well, become a member and stop fooling with it. :)

The security check is certainly inconvenient, however, it became necessary as the previous security check proved to be unsuccessful in deterring spam bots. If you intend to use the site regularly, it is probably best to become a member. You will need to pass the security check at signup, but then you'll never need to deal with it again.

This is what an upside down E looks like ==> E. ;)

But, an upside down capital E and a backwards Capital E look the same.

Write a capital E on some paper and then turn the paper upside down.

I can't quite believe we're going on and on about this transformation of the letter 'E'... but here goes another post.

Flipping an 'E' upside down (along the horizontal axis) doesn't make it look any different. When you're mentailly turning that piece of paper 'upside down', you're actually introducing a rotation, in order to keep looking at the same side of the piece of paper.

Ha! I abandoned a half-dozen posts on that very same explanation (same-face rotation vs axis flipping), just to avoid being the one to go "on and on" about it.

For example, an upside down b looks like a p.

b

p

A backwards b looks like a d.

.b

d

A rotated b looks like a q.

.b

q

"C∀p┴ɔµa" - new from Milton Bradley! Ages 8 and up. (Excellent eyesight recommended)

Archived