The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Sign in error

Getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method converters::custom_649043() in /home/robertsr/public_html/admin/sources/loginauth/convert/newauth.php on line 55

I am of course sure of my log in credentials, but figured I'd try the "I forgot my password" approach, and that failed since neither my name or email is found in the database.

Then, I took a look at the Posting Hall of Shame (Overall Top Posters, that is) in which I was holding strong in second place to the recently post-crazy Josh Martin who had surged ahead and taken over the lead from me, but still well ahead (by several thousand posts) of the 3rd place contender Gary Nobodycanpronouncemylastname, and much to my surprise.......... I am no longer listed at all.

I am in mind of my dear friend and confidant Gary from Brooklyn (you know who you are) when I say my cobnuts were in a boil.

There are easier ways to get rid of me such as shunning, or pretending you can't see or hear me, or changing my account name to Luger Axhandle (Sheriff, ret.), but this?  Why, I oughta............. ask for help?  Yeah, that.

Help?

Getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method converters::custom_649043() in /home/robertsr/public_html/admin/sources/loginauth/convert/newauth.php on line 55

I am of course sure of my log in credentials, but figured I'd try the "I forgot my password" approach, and that failed since neither my name or email is found in the database.

Then, I took a look at the Posting Hall of Shame (Overall Top Posters, that is) in which I was holding strong in second place to the recently post-crazy Josh Martin who had surged ahead and taken over the lead from me, but still well ahead (by several thousand posts) of the 3rd place contender Gary Nobodycanpronouncemylastname, and much to my surprise.......... I am no longer listed at all.

I am in mind of my dear friend and confidant Gary from Brooklyn (you know who you are) when I say my cobnuts were in a boil.

There are easier ways to get rid of me such as shunning, or pretending you can't see or hear me, or changing my account name to Luger Axhandle (Sheriff, ret.), but this?  Why, I oughta............. ask for help?  Yeah, that.

Help?

What, were you quoting Sturgis again? :)

More seriously, I must assume this is a mistake. If the powers that be really wanted to get rid of you, they'd ban your IP address. Deleting your account wouldn't accomplish much, since we allow guests to post. Not to mention I don't recall any cardinal sins of the RONR forum that you've committed recently.

Unless Dan or Ms. Evans tells you otherwise, I'd advise recreating your account and rejoice that you are no longer listed on the Posting Hall of Shame with the likes of Gary and me.

I'm afraid this was entirely an inadvertance. I understand that the boss lady is attempting to determine if tech support can fix it, and I gather that she is in direct contact with our friend David concerning the matter.

But then again, maybe we really should have kicked him out long ago. :D

Hmmm . . . only one post and you've only been a member since . . . today?

Not much of a "restoration".

If I were a member I'd move to have your post count increased to say, 5k, and your join date set to whatever it was.

I just attempted to register, but when I clicked on the link in my email to authenticate, I got this error. I also get it if I try to log in. Am I registered? If so, can I log in?

You are listed as a "member" (i.e. no longer in "validating" status) so you should be able to log in.  Keep in mind that your password is case sensitive.

Also, your user name does appear to be "D_K" and not "D K", so don't forget that underscore between the letters.  :)

Am also seeing this error : Fatal error: Call to undefined method converters::custom_649043() in /home/robertsr/public_html/admin/sources/loginauth/convert/newauth.php on line 55

It does this a few times, then locks me out. then after the 15 minute 'time out' i can get back in.

Am also seeing this error : Fatal error: Call to undefined method converters::custom_649043() in /home/robertsr/public_html/admin/sources/loginauth/convert/newauth.php on line 55

It does this a few times, then locks me out. then after the 15 minute 'time out' i can get back in.

Pay particular attention to the Username and Password you are entering. Any slight variation in either (caps instead of lower case, for example) will cause this problem.

If this still will not work, post as a Guest again here, and we'll see what the boss lady can do to help. 

I did get in after the 15 minute lockout...so nothing to fix for me at the moment.

However i would not that this error is not the most friendly way to respond to incorrect passwords, if that is what is the trigger ;)

It isn't just the password, but username at well (or both) that could trigger it.  While both are sensitive to spacing and punctuation, the username is not case-sensitive. You could test this by signing in as "drentropy" (but get your password right!)

The error message returned seems to be designed for the programming/tech departments to be able to troubleshoot, in the absence of an error handler routine in the code.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived