The Official RONR Q & A Forums

At what point is one no longer a guest?

Guest Annie

If I recall, you should receive an email with a link you have to click on that proves you are a real person with the email you used when you registered.  You will then be a full-fledged member and should be able to log in as such. 

So, where is your validation email????

It might be in your Spam folder, so I'd check there.  Also, if you have a web-based email (yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc) but use a computer-based email client (such as Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc), it might be that you need to log in to the webmail system to see if the validation email is stuck in the bulk/spam mail folder out there, and has not been downloaded to your computer. 

Also, the Boss Lady will probably be by in a day or two and can check on this, so stay tuned for a while.

From the discussion thread topic title, I was wondering if Annie wanted Nancy N and Edgar involuntarily upgraded. Less exciting but more promising, I hope this means more posts from (member) Annie, who will be answering questions with her trusty RONR 11th and RONR-IB at her elbow, maybe allowing for the likes of Josh and Chris and David and me to maybe take a couple days off and go fishing in West Virginia or something. Anything on one of those boats.

Guest Annie, I took a wild guess that your member name is Annie and I found your account and validated it for you. Please try to log in now and let me know if you have any problems.

Why not she lets you know if things are fine? Why do we encourage only whining, even on the world's premier Internet parliamentary forum?

I checked the email I would have received during the time I was a guest, but I did not receive any mail which we thought might have appeared in my spam mail. So, Boss Lady and Gary Tesser--my thanks to you both for validating me. You guessed correctly--my member user name is indeed "Annie."  So, Schmuel-no whining on my part!

Personally, I am much happier as a member.  As a guest I wasn't getting credit for my posts!  What puzzles me are those who want to remain "Guest-----Guest."  Witness protection program, I presume..... :ph34r:

Gary, you can take all the credit for my having purchased the RONR-11th and RONR-IB so quickly.  However, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for me to answer questions (just yet) so that the four of you can go fishing!    

So, Schmuel-no whining on my part!

I vividly recall Shmuel's presentation at the NAP Convention in 2011 when he asked us to be careful in the spelling of his name, reminding us that it's G-E-R-B-E-R.   I'm glad Guest/Member Annie didn't fall into the trap of spelling his name wrong.  :)

As a guest I wasn't getting credit for my posts!

I hope you're not planning on using those "credits" to buy anything.

Some people seem to be happier as guests... don't they guest edgar?

Yep. How could I ever give up the opportunity to put babies and kittens and rabbits and turtles back together?

Membership has it's privileges.....like the "edit" button.

Useful for removing errant apostrophes.

... So, Boss Lady and Gary Tesser--my thanks to you both for validating me.

Great Steaming Cobnuts, wherever do I come into this?

Personally, I am much happier as a member. As a guest I wasn't getting credit for my posts!

Good hevvins yeah, what about the 2014 raffle for the silver Porsche?

Gary, you can take all the credit for my having purchased the RONR-11th and RONR-IB so quickly.

Great Steaming Cobnuts, on accounta what?

However, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for me to answer questions (just yet) so that the four of you can go fishing!

Why not? The typical Original Post asks what's the proper vote threshold for The Previous Question, or the like... and you flip pages and type it in and type what pages it's on -- what could be harder? Some doctorates are easier, ask Dr Stackpole and his wind tunnels. Then you look like an expert in a few years, or an hour and a half -- look at Foulkes, who could probably be relied upon for little other than to impale the rest of us on fishhooks in West Virginia while game young puissant Annie is holding down the fort here on the world's premier Internet forum because the rest of us think that getting impaled on fishhooks by Connecticutians while on vacation in West Virginia is fun..

[Annie, I'm kidding sometimes.]

Guest Richard Brown

Gary Tesser!!!!   I was wondering if you are still around!   This "guest" is Richard Brown in New Orleans!  How ya been?? 

I am about to check to see if I am still a member from about  12 or 13 years ago when I first started posting on here and you and I were both relative newbies.  Which NAP convention was it when you and I met?  It was the one in San Antonio.... should have been around 2003, give or take a year or two.  The highlight of the convention was meeting you, George Mervosh, Dr. Stackpole, and a whole bunch of others who I had been mostly arguing with for a few years.

Now, to stay "on topic" so this comment doesn't get deleted, if I have indeed forfeited my membership and am back to guest status, what does it take to become  a member again?  I know, I know:  it's bound to be posted here somewhere and I shall look for it.  But I would really like to be able to come back as myself and not as a "new" member, since I've probably been around longer than most people on here.  I think I was simply Richard, but it's been so long, I'm not even sure about that.  I do still have the same Hotmail email account,  though.

I look forward to being part of the forum again!  And to more lively discussions!

Gary Tesser!!!!   I was wondering if you are still around!   This "guest" is Richard Brown in New Orleans!  How ya been?? 

I am about to check to see if I am still a member from about  12 or 13 years ago when I first started posting on here and you and I were both relative newbies.  Which NAP convention was it when you and I met?  It was the one in San Antonio.... should have been around 2003, give or take a year or two.  The highlight of the convention was meeting you, George Mervosh, Dr. Stackpole, and a whole bunch of others who I had been mostly arguing with for a few years.

Now, to stay "on topic" so this comment doesn't get deleted, if I have indeed forfeited my membership and am back to guest status, what does it take to become  a member again?  I know, I know:  it's bound to be posted here somewhere and I shall look for it.  But I would really like to be able to come back as myself and not as a "new" member, since I've probably been around longer than most people on here.  I think I was simply Richard, but it's been so long, I'm not even sure about that.  I do still have the same Hotmail email account,  though.

I look forward to being part of the forum again!  And to more lively discussions!

If you haven't joined the forum since around May of 2010, you're not a member. The forum underwent a pretty major transformation at that time - and I don't believe we really had "members" on the old forum. Everyone was essentially a "guest."

There should be a green button in the upper right hand corner that says "Create Account." You can click that to start the process of becoming a member.

I believe the person that needs to get this post is Boss Lady.  I just posted on the Forum and see that I'm still a Guest.  I'm not able to create an account or register because the username is already taken (although I see no other Annie on the member list).  Because I can't register or create an account, I can't fill out a personal profile.

It must sound like I'm awfully anal, but shouldn't this be a simple matter?  Am I omitting a step?

Thanks!  :)

I believe the person that needs to get this post is Boss Lady.  I just posted on the Forum and see that I'm still a Guest.  I'm not able to create an account or register because the username is already taken (although I see no other Annie on the member list).  Because I can't register or create an account, I can't fill out a personal profile.

It must sound like I'm awfully anal, but shouldn't this be a simple matter?  Am I omitting a step?

Thanks!  :)

There's an Annie right here.

Have you tried signing in as Annie with the password you used when you created your account? Whether you've created an account or not, you'll always post as a guest unless you're signed in.

There's an Annie right here.

Yup, that would be me.

Have you tried signing in as Annie with the password you used when you created your account? Whether you've created an account or not, you'll always post as a guest unless you're signed in.

Oh, dear.  Well, now...that seems so obvious, doesn't it?  No, I hadn't been signing in.  Thanks, Josh.

Archived