The Official RONR Q & A Forums

College Student Body President Impeachment

Guest Robert W Stone

Hi everyone,

Could use some feedback on this one. Our current elected student body president was accused of harassment on several levels. This was in the performance of his duties. He pursued a female student and in hopes that he would win her over, offered her an appointed position, when she refused his advances, because she did not want to be more then friends. He believed it was because she was not into guys and started to push God on her and require her to go to church, read the bible if she wanted the position. He even wrote a commitment letter stating these things and had a conversation about the same, which was recorded. We have witness to all this and two students who came forward stating the president had admitted to them all of this. There is a lot of evidence and I has Senate member want to raise the question of impeachment in our next senate meeting.  It is not on the agenda, The agenda has already been posted, and according to the brown act, we have to post it 72 hours in advance. I have put together an evidence package and would like to raise the question of impeachment at our next senate meeting to refer to our Judicial committee for review and a decision. Which would then be sent back to the senate for block vote.

MY QUESTION: According to Robert's Rules. Can the request for impeachment be brought up if not on the agenda for a vote to send to Judicial for review?

Thank you for your time.

RS

Just got a phone call from the Vice President, That the President plans to make a statement at the senate during his report that he has been unbecoming. Not sure what all he is going to say but would this be considered an admission of guilt and how would it affect the proceeding. thanks

It won't effect them, because, as of yet, there are no proceedings.

The first question is, "Is there a procedural rule of law that requires this to be posted ahead of time?"  For that, you will need to talk to an attorney and nothing in RONR would supersede that requirement. 

Archived