The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Revoking a suspension

jcapps

At my department we have a men's side and a lady's side.   The lady's side has their own bylaws they follow as well as the men.  There is nothing in the men's or lady's bylaws regarding this matter. 

One of the lady's members were brought up on charges and suspended.    Weeks later it was brought up on the men's side to review the charges by a committee of the men.   My questions is, can the men undo what the lady's have set forth?   Or can we only make a recommendation?

Thanks

At my department we have a men's side and a lady's side.   The lady's side has their own bylaws they follow as well as the men.  There is nothing in the men's or lady's bylaws regarding this matter. 

One of the lady's members were brought up on charges and suspended.    Weeks later it was brought up on the men's side to review the charges by a committee of the men.   My questions is, can the men undo what the lady's have set forth?   Or can we only make a recommendation?

Since each group has its own bylaws, I don't think one group can undo what another group has done, unless the groups' bylaws provide otherwise.

Archived