The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Question Submission

Guest Jim Closs

I submitted a question a short time ago but it has not appeared in this forum. Did I do something wrong in my submission? I completed the task of assembling the image, and received a checkmark seemingly indicating the question had been submitted properly.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

I submitted a question a short time ago but it has not appeared in this forum. Did I do something wrong in my submission? I completed the task of assembling the image, and received a checkmark seemingly indicating the question had been submitted properly.

Just wondering.

Everything sounds good to me. This message went through, so if you did anything different this time, do that.

Alternately, if you're having trouble posting as a guest, you could register as a member of the forum. Once you're a member, you won't need to jump through any hoops to post.

Guest Jim Closs

I am the adminisrator (aka the bosslady) for this forum. I checked the members list and it looks like you did successfully validate your account. I think if your account is validated and then you click the link again, you do get an unfortunate and unclear error. So I think that is why you were getting an error - you were already validated. Please try to log in.

Thanks Bosslady,

I attempted that yesterday and again today but also get an error message through that route. It appears the system just doesn't want me participating.

In answer to the question posed by Gary C Tesser, I'm 63, but use the Internet routinely as a PhD student. I know, I don't look that old, but I am. :D

Thanks to everyone for your help in each of the issues I've addressed. Now let's hope I can actually and successfully get on as a member, but not this particular attempt.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I apoligize, but I am not replying to this topic.  I am new member to this site (registered, etc.) and have been unable to locate the page where new topics/questions may be posted. Please help.

If you go to the General Discussion forum, you'll find a "Start New Topic" button near the upper-right corner.

I have seen several comments relating the posting being quite.

I have no idea what this means.  Did you leave a word out somewhere?

I posted a very long topic this evening and have received no comment.  Maybe something is wrong.

Ms. McQuinn, I see your topic thread "Procedure," posted at 3:54 PM (Eastern Standard Time).  Replies were by George Mervosh at 4:07 PM and Josh Martin at 4:26.  Of course, those replies were shorter than the Original Post, but they both answered your three questions, and I can't see any way to improve upon what they said.  And I'm guessing that nobody else could see any way to improve on them either, which is why nobody else felt the need to put an oar in.  (Well, your typo of "epistle" had me guessing for a minute, but that's neither here nor there.)

Is there anything else you wanted to know?  If so, of course you should feel free to ask further.  (If it's on another topic, just please start another topic thread for it.)

• 1 year later...

I am brand new to this and have a question. I am hoping that someone could please answer for me. Forgive me for trying to explain the background of this complicated mess. I will do my best.

I am the President of a small tenants association. It is a small 90 tenant Housing  Authority for the elderly and disabled. We have an election coming up in October 2015. The current secretary is not resigning her position and I am not either. One fellow, not so nice, not so suited for the position is running against me for the seat of President. We had two nice woman nominated and seconded for the positions missing of Vice President and for Secretary. The two vacant positions. Just this past weekend I was informed they no longer can take on the responsibility and rescinded their positions. 

I hope your with me so far because her is my question! What is the proper thing to do? Do I post pone the election. and try to find someone interested? Should and can I leave things as they are deleting the voting until we have any interested tenants? This man that is running for my position will never fill another. He is looking for the power. He doesn't have the compassion for our tenants that I do at all. He wants the title. If he were to be elected the treasurer, the only other board member would resign immediately. He would be on his own.

Can anyone, you all seem so qualified answer this question? I obviously have to do this right. I just don't know how.

Thank you in advance for any help, debraladams

• 1 month later...

Archived