The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Documention of "Nominations Debatable" ?

jstackpo

The rules regarding candidates' speeches were in the 2013 Convention Standing Rules (and as I recall, usually are at each NAP Convention).

"10.       CANDIDATE SPEECHES: Nominations and candidate speeches will occur on Friday. Immediately after nominations for all elected officers, each of the nominees shall be given five minutes to address the assembly.

After nominations for each office, the nominated candidates shall draw for the order of speaking which shall also be the order in which the candidate’s name will appear on the screen associated with the keypad voting or the paper ballot."

If you will recall, there was lively and lengthy debate about the convention standing rules and it took almost forever to adopt them.

There is always so much debate about every issue, that I cannot agree that NAP discourages debate.  :)   Maybe that is an idea whose time has come!

I meant discourages delegates debating, not candidates......and the standing rule in question seems to support that, but we can discuss it at the 2FP meeting DC next year. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived