The Official RONR Q & A Forums

"Quote" feature not working with Internet Explorer 11

Guest Crystal

Is the "Quote" feature supposed to work with Internet Explorer 7?

I use primarily I.E. 7 and cannot make the quote feature work.  I see the "quote" and "multi quote" buttons, but when I click on them, I get a plain old text box to type in with nothing quoted.

However, if I switch to Firefox, presto!!    It works. 

What's up with that?  Is that a known glitch or something new?   Does the forum not work well with I.E. 7? 

It seems to be an IE11 issue. I found this fix on another forum using the same software, so perhaps it will work for you:

What you need to do is:

1) Load a page on this site.

2) Click the gear symbol in the top right corner, beneath the X.

3) Select "Compatibility View Settings"

4) Click "add" if Westeros is in the text box.

The site should reload and allow you to quote now.

ETA: Replace "forumflash" for "Westeros" in the above. ;)

I tried Jay's suggestion... which I have had to do before with a couple of other websites.... but, unfortunately, it didn't help in this case.  I even rebooted.  Thanks, Jay, for reminding me to check that setting when I'm having trouble with a website. 

Edgar, I have a slight (old fashioned) preference for using Internet Explorer, but if I can't make the quote feature work with it, I may have to switch to Firefox for this forum.   btw, my old computer has Windows XP.  I like it and wish Microsoft would keep supporting it.  I try to avoid anything connected with Google as much as possible.  I just don't trust em. 

Boss Lady:  Do you have any insight or suggestions as to the problem of the "quote" feature not working with Internet Explorer 11?   Internet Explorer is still the nation's most commonly used browser, isn't it?

Boss Lady, is it possible for you to change the subject line of this topic from "Quote feature not working with Internet Explorer 7" to "Quote feature not working with Internet Explorer 11"?   Just change the "7" to "11".

btw, what is up with this new captha thing where we have to match fuzzy images that we can't make out to the categories that they belong in?  I have tried at least six, maybe eight times to match them without success.   The images we are supposed to move around are so blurred and unclear that it's impossible for me to even make out what they are. 

Putting together a watch or car or some other object is one thing...that's easy.  This is ridiculous.

Putting together a watch or car or some other object is one thing...that's easy.  This is ridiculous.

Agreed. I became a guest for (too) many months in (quixotic) protest but relented when the CAPTCHA changed (from "categories" to "jigsaw"). Oddly, the more reasonable jigsaw CAPTCHA is the one that's shown to users of the Chrome browser (or maybe it's dependent on the operating system?). The hideous categories CAPTCHA seems to be reserved for an unfortunate few.

The solution, of course, as I was repeatedly reminded, is to become a member.

Archived