The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Help with Election By-Law Interpretation

Guest Motivated

Hello,

I need help interpreting the by-laws and the section of our HOA's CC&Rs that deals with how a person gets elected to the HOA board.

I could also use some help interpreting the 'removal of a board member' language...

It's all very loopy and I find myself wanting to write out a flowchart or diagram just to separate the language, and I'm still not sure that would do it.

I can send a screen shot, if anyone feels terribly generous and doesn't mind being bored stiff by the extra dry material.

I'm also willing to type it out if needed...

About half of our current HOA board is either corrupt, clueless or senile, and they really need to go.

I have two months to try to help make this happen.

This website might be The World's Premiere Internet Parliamentary Forum (as I keep saying), but we very much avoid trying to  interpret bylaws here.  Not only because an informed understanding of any bylaws document entails reading them completely -- but that's more than enough -- but because discussing what a particular set of bylaws says can be misleading as to what Robert's Rules says about everything (it sure ought to, it's 800 pages) else.

If you want to register with this website and send me an internal message, I might be able to steer you to somewhere else that's useful.

Archived