The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Lots and Lots of Replies

jstackpo

It stands at 95,800 now. 

Did you mean 98,500? And that's just the number of "replies" so it's not clear if the original posts are included. The total number of posts on all three forums (fora?) is over 129,400.

Anyway, the IP Board Support Forum currently has over 130,000 posts so I don't think there's any cause for alarm.

• 1 month later...

What will happen when the number of replies on the General Discussion Board hits 100,000?  It stands at 95,800 now.  Will the system crash?  Who will have the honor of destroying the Board?  Will it be like Y2K, but R100K?

Stay tuned.

Well, the General Discussion Board has now exceeded 100,000 replies and it seems to be going on as strong as ever...

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to reassure everyone that the forum will withstand 100k messages/replies, and the site has incremental backups daily and full back ups weekly. So all of your wise words are saved for posterity! I can't promise it will all be here for your grandchildren's grandchildren, but your messages are secure.

Just want to reassure everyone that the forum will withstand 100k messages/replies, and the site has incremental backups daily and full back ups weekly. So all of your wise words are saved for posterity! I can't promise it will all be here for your grandchildren's grandchildren, but your messages are secure.

That's very good to hear!!  I, for one, am still distressed that everything from the "old" forum is apparently lost forever.

Archived