The Official RONR Q & A Forums

finding a posting from last year

I hope you can help. Last year, in August or September--I think, I read a posting from a member whose organization's board was not following the by-laws despite efforts by the members to address/correct the problem. The question was posed to the RONR forum and someone (I don't think she was a member, as I recall) spoke of the same problem within her organization and offered the solution that she said worked for her group. She said that they had the club's lawyer review the situation  and he advised the board of the dire consequences (possibly losing their 501© status, a lawsuit, etc.) of not obeying the by-laws. She said that this lawyerly advice caused that board to start following the by-laws. I tried to go back through the posts for that time period but was unsuccessful in locating this particular posting. Is there a way to do this or can someone help me? Thank you, bobby101

I hope you can help. Last year, in August or September--I think, I read a posting from a member whose organization's board was not following the by-laws despite efforts by the members to address/correct the problem. The question was posed to the RONR forum and someone (I don't think she was a member, as I recall) spoke of the same problem within her organization and offered the solution that she said worked for her group. She said that they had the club's lawyer review the situation  and he advised the board of the dire consequences (possibly losing their 501© status, a lawsuit, etc.) of not obeying the by-laws. She said that this lawyerly advice caused that board to start following the by-laws. I tried to go back through the posts for that time period but was unsuccessful in locating this particular posting. Is there a way to do this or can someone help me? Thank you, bobby101

I believe the thread you are looking for can be found here.

Josh: Muchas gracias. That's exactly what I was looking for. I had gone through the postings at that time and was unable to find it. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me how you did it?  And, again thanks so much for your help. bobby101

I was reasonably certain that you had replied to the thread, so I looked through threads you had posted in. This can be done by going to the user's profile (over on the left of the screen, click the user's name) and clicking on the "Find Content" button.

Archived