The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Keeping It Neat

Those who regularly post on the forums here know that new users sometimes aren't sure where or how to post their questions or follow-ups.

You can help the moderators respond to such situations more quickly by using the "Report" feature to let us know about any messages that need moderation, such as duplicate posts, posts that should be in a new topic, or posts that should be in a different forum.

Since only the moderators will see these reports, feel free to also make the usual replies, such as warning other users that a post is a duplicate.

Thanks!

Edited by Shmuel Gerber

Don't be deterred by the message on the reporting form that says, "This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content . . ."

Unless and until that message is amended, I think most (including me) will be deterred. Which seems to be the point of the message.

Surely you're not suggesting that we ignore the rules.

Unless and until that message is amended, I think most (including me) will be deterred. Which seems to be the point of the message.

Surely you're not suggesting that we ignore the rules.

I can try to find how to amend the message (if that's possible without reprogramming the code), but I am suggesting a broad interpretation of "objectionable." A message doesn't have to be offensive to be objectionable, and if it's not objectionable in some way, then there is no need for moderator action.

• 5 years later...

Got it.  I am very familiar with VBulletin having ran a Theology and Politics debate forum for over a decade, and we took at look at Invision.  It can definitely be changed fairly easily - I will try to find one of my friends who worked with the Invision software to find out how.  Things like that were a very simple setting in VBulletin.

10 hours ago, Caryn Ann Harlos said:

Got it.  I am very familiar with VBulletin having ran a Theology and Politics debate forum for over a decade, and we took at look at Invision.  It can definitely be changed fairly easily - I will try to find one of my friends who worked with the Invision software to find out how.  Things like that were a very simple setting in VBulletin.

The forum software will be updated to a new version soon.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.