The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Posting Multiple Questions in One Thread

After taking over a thousand questions on parliamentary procedure as part of the Dunbar test manual, I had over 15 pages of questions and topics that were unfamiliar to me. I then spent nearly 10 hours combing through RONR to find answers and have narrowed down the list to just a few questions that are still puzzling me and that I am unable to find an answer to in RONR.

In order to avoid cluttering the forum, would it be OK to post these questions all in one thread labeled RONR test questions?

What do PAP and LP stand for?   Off the top of my head I think of a pap smear and a long playing record, but I rather doubt that the initials refer to either of those two items.

The top of one's head is not always the best place to look.

Scrolling through acronymfinder.com, perhaps PAP stands for Professional Accredited Parliamentarian.

As for LP, all bets are off. Licensed Paralegal?

The accrediting - they call it licensing - seems to be the work of two gentlemen, one of which is Mr. Dunbar, who are affiliated in some (unknown to me from what I saw) way with the FFA - Future Farmers of America. Although they claim that their test material is based, in part, on RONR, it seems, from the individual questions posted thus far in the general forum, that that claim might be questionable.

Archived