The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Previous Question Applied to an Undebatable Motion

parkourninja

I recently came across the following test question

25. The subsidiary motion for the Previous Question can be applied to an undebatable motion if a member wanted to

a. stop an amendment.
b. not allow members to ask questions.
c. delete a question asked by a member that is recorded in the minutes of the previous meeting.
d. make a motion to allow the assembly to debate it.

The correct answer was marked C.

Is that really correct? I remember reading in RONR that the previous question can be applied to fix time to which to ajourn to prevent the making of the motion and I can't even remember reading anything that pertained to C.

25. The subsidiary motion for the Previous Question can be applied to an undebatable motion if a member wanted to

a. stop an amendment.
c. delete a question asked by a member that is recorded in the minutes of the previous meeting.

Is that really correct? I remember reading in RONR that the previous question can be applied to fix time to which to ajourn to prevent the making of the motion and I can't even remember reading anything that pertained to C.

Are you trying to buy a license of some kind from somebody?  :)

a. stop an amendment.

The correct answer is obviously A. The Previous Question can be applied to an undebatable motion for the purpose of preventing amendments. The Previous Question is not used to make a correction to the minutes.

Do the people who make these tests ever proofread their questions? :)

Archived