The Official RONR Q & A Forums

At "Create New Topic" screen, change to "Title of Topic" instead of "Title"?

On Google's g-mail (they spell it without a hyphen, the yankee clods), a new e-mail (note the hyphen, yankee clods) begins with a space labelled "To," for the addressee, and "Subject" for what we're calling the title.  Yahoo mail does too.  If "subject" is not objectionable for some reason, I'm nominating it.

(Yeah, yeah, I can't nominate because I'm a guest, not a member.  La de dah.)

22 hours ago, Guest said:

On Google's g-mail (they spell it without a hyphen, the yankee clods), a new e-mail (note the hyphen, yankee clods) begins with a space labelled "To," for the addressee, and "Subject" for what we're calling the title.  Yahoo mail does too.  If "subject" is not objectionable for some reason, I'm nominating it.

(Yeah, yeah, I can't nominate because I'm a guest, not a member.  La de dah.)

The other buttons in the system are labeled "Start new topic", "Reply to this topic", "Search topics", etc., so it makes more sense to refer to the subject as the topic title. ("Topic subject would seem redundant.")

P.S.: I don't even need to peek at your IP address to know that the previous message was you, dammit!

8 hours ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

The other buttons in the system are labeled "Start new topic", "Reply to this topic", "Search topics", etc., so it makes more sense to refer to the subject as the topic title.. dammit!

Whatever works (generally speaking, what best suits Her BossLadyShip.)

...("Topic subject would seem redundant.").. dammit!

This a famous quote from Winston Churchill or somethin"

... P.S.: I don't even need to peek at your IP address to know that the previous message was you, dammit!

How do you peek at an IP address?

P.S.  What's with all this,2FP vernacular, you aspiring to a rep for fearsome wrath?

(Typos:  "or somethin"" should be "or somethin?" [No apostrophe, this is colloquialism.]

(And "all this,2FP vernacular" should be "all this 2FP vernacular"

(Sheesh.  You'd think maybe I ought could maybe edit to fix typos somehow.  But right now I'd settle for post numbers.  Oh and a pastrami sandwich at Jay & Lloyd's on Avenue U would be nice (for that matter, at Five AM would be heavenly -- come to think of it, yeah, 'cause it would take an act of G-d for them to open before 11).  And heartburn be dammitted, there's a lusciousness principle at stake.

(New parliamentary term, that?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 11:31 AM, George Mervosh said:

George, I don't understand your point.  I just looked at this thread, and all of the posters are identified as persons (unless you quibble that the OP started as a guest but later was just listed as Brendan) unless you think "potzebie" is a title of minor Ukrainian nobility.

Or maybe during the intervening week and a half, the Upgraded Forum or the Internet or the department of homeland security changed it.

Archived