The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can a deleted thread be recovered?

Can a thread which has been deleted be recovered?  This morning I accidentally deleted my own thread that I started yesterday titled "Prohibiting Amendments".  I was trying to delete just the comment I was working on at the moment.

Is there a way for a moderator or the "Boss Lady" to recover a thread that has been accidentally deleted?

If not, I will probably re-post the question.

16 minutes ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

I don't see any way for me to recover it. And it's a bit disconcerting that (non-moderator) users can delete an entire topic.

I thought on the last forum the person who created the topic could delete it......I think I recall doing it once or twice over the years.  But I might be mis-remembering.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 1:39 PM, Shmuel Gerber said:

I don't see any way for me to recover it. And it's a bit disconcerting that (non-moderator) users can delete an entire topic.

Imagine if autocracy got spread around some.  What would you call it, oleo-ocracy?  -- that is, rule by margarine?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2016 at 5:12 PM, Gary c Tesser said:

Imagine if autocracy got spread around some.  What would you call it, oleo-ocracy?  -- that is, rule by margarine?

(I apologize for stale-thread revival, but I felt I should note that this was meant as a pun on "oligocracy," which might have been a mistake because it doesn't seem to be a word, according to three dictionaries I have just now consulted, although Google finds it in a couple of places.  So I should have said "oleo-archy," punning on "oligarchy" or something, but I've never understood the distinction between the suffixes of, say, "monarchy," meaning government or rule by a single person, and "democracy," meaning government or rule by the people, come to be distinguished from each other.

(I bring this up because RONR (Reg. Penna. Dept. Agr., p. 44, fn) tells us how to pronounce Latin words, and Greek is close enough.)

On 1/11/2016 at 7:06 AM, Gary c Tesser said:

(I apologize for stale-thread revival, but I felt I should note that this was meant as a pun on "oligocracy," which might have been a mistake because it doesn't seem to be a word, according to three dictionaries I have just now consulted, although Google finds it in a couple of places.  So I should have said "oleo-archy," punning on "oligarchy" or something, but I've never understood the distinction between the suffixes of, say, "monarchy," meaning government or rule by a single person, and "democracy," meaning government or rule by the people, come to be distinguished from each other.

(I bring this up because RONR (Reg. Penna. Dept. Agr., p. 44, fn) tells us how to pronounce Latin words, and Greek is close enough.)

I thought it was funny.  :)

Archived