The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Robert's Rules of Order translations

Guest Davood

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, Daniel H. Honemann said:

The only thing I can say for sure is that there are no translations which have been authorized or approved by me.  :)

Dear Sir

Here is an article in which is said:

Kharkhodin remarked that the idea of implementing Robert’s Rules of Order in Russia was greeted with skepticism in the past. Two translations of this text were brought in by the Americans during Perestroika in order to “civilize the brutes'.

And here is a link to its Arabic translation.

And here is a link to the workshops in Tehran, Iran, in which I teach Robert's Rules of Order to the Iranians.

And, as I said, I have translated it into Persian, but it has not still published, and I will beg your permission.

Sincerely

Davood Hossein

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:45 AM, Hieu H. Huynh said:

As far as I know, none by the Robert's Rules Association, but I know there are third-party translations. You could do a search in the Forum for "translation" to see the threads on this topic. For example, this thread shows up in the search results.

7 hours ago, Daniel H. Honemann said:

None of what has been posted here changes the fact that there are no translations which have been authorized or approved by me.  

How could one beg your and the other authors permission?

4 hours ago, Daniel H. Honemann said:

Well, I suppose you could begin by contacting the publisher or the Authors' Agent (refer to unnumbered page iv, the reverse side of the title page, in the 11th edition).

Dear Sir

Hello

I just send this letter to this Email:

special.markets@perseusbooks.com

Hello

It is a letter form Tehran – Iran.

I want to beg the permission of translation of Robert’s  Rules of Order Newly Revised 11th Edition into Persian.

I have translated its 10th Edition, but it was not published. And now I hope its 11th would be published as soon as possible.

What it is required to be done?

Your sincerely

Davood Hossein

And now I want to explain somethings interesting.

You know probably who are ruling in Iran now? Shiite version of ISIS!

Here to speak about Robert's Rules of Order is sill really dangerous, but I am also really ready to sacrifice myself for Robert's Rules of Order. Perhaps it is difficult to believe me. But it gave us new real understanding of the rule of low for the first time and I am determined to teach these rules to Arabs and Russian also!   

Your sincerely

18 hours ago, Guest Davood said:

Dear Sir

Hello

I just send this letter to this Email:

special.markets@perseusbooks.com

I don't know if you're going to get the needed response from anyone at that e-mail address.

The current contact information for the Authors' Agent is:

Barbara Redgrave Holloway, Authors’ Agent, Robert’s Rules Association, 6630 St. James Court, Downers Grove, IL 60516 (bholloway14@comcast.net).

Thank you Mr. Shmuel Gerber very much.

After reading your guidance, I researched the publisher's web site more carefully and found a lot of information about my request. All of these things are new, interesting and excellent for me.

I will continue my efforts to obtain the permission for translating Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised 11th Edition into Persian and publishing it.

I, honorably, was the first Iranian who started to learn this rules of order 10 years ago and began to teach them to others. These rules of order are all new, really interesting and excellent for my friends. I think it is impossible being civilized without establishing a society according these rules.

But. I believe the text is very precise and sumptuous, and it is needed to read its translations into Arabic, Russian and also French. So. I posted my question about its translations on this web page. And again I ask anyone to help me find these translations.

As I said, I have its Arabic translation and I know its Arabic translator.

Thanks a lot

D.H

Excuse me Sir,  D.H is Davood Hossien from Tehran - Iran. it is me, myself!

But I wrote somethings about who are ruling now in Iran on this web page, that may risk my workshops for teaching Robert's Rules of Order in my country! You know, I have mead a lot of links form my web sit to this web sit, and I often guide my students to refer to these forums directly in order to find correct answers to their parliamentary questions. Because of these reasons that I can guess you may think all of them are absurd, I decided to use D.H instead.   

Dear Mr. Daniel H. Honemann!

It is my best honor to be acquainted whit you. 

A lot of thanks

Davood Hossein

On 1/15/2016 at 1:51 PM, Daniel H. Honemann said:

This response seems to assume that there are two D.H.'s trying to achieve something in this regard, but if I am one of them this assumption would be wrong.

I considered the probability that the most worthwhile outcome might well be the status quo.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, Daniel H. Honemann said:

This response seems to assume that there are two D.H.'s trying to achieve something in this regard, but if I am one of them this assumption would be wrong.

ٰYes, that assumption was right, and will be right! And you are not one of them, but the main one!

D.H.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, potzbie said:

I can only confirm that there does exist a Spanish translation, but doubtful that it is from the current (11th) edition. -- Most likely from the public domain 4th (1915) edition.

Thank you very much, but I don't know Spanish. I look for French and Russian translation. As I mentioned, Mr.Oleg Kharkhordin. the Rector of the European University of St. Petersburg, has told here that there are tow Russian translations of this book. And I have its Arabic one. I think. in order to promote Democracy, rule of law and individual liberty and equality, it is necessary to teach these rules to the Arabs, Russians and Iranians as soon as possible. Translation of this excellent book is urgent, but it is not enough. These nations know nothing about the rules of the game of democracy. You can not believe? Pleas read Kharkhordin's speech!

Archived