The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Mass Resignations after Financial Audit ordered by members

Robert Dingus

we recently had our meeting of our organization, that this group has helped guide me through. within a week of the meeting, after we addressed 13 our of 15 motions on the Agenda.

our General Manager, and both office personnel ( only worked 3 days a week for all), plus 4 board members, (finance committee chair, long range planning chair, a new apointee with no chair, and Treasurer), all resigned.

the primary objective was to procure an outside Audit of our finances, as required by our constitution to be done yearly.

it was ignored and not done for 6 years. 

our efforts to obtain information and communicate clearly with our association members was the secondary goal.

in light of 7, resignations the Hate, Anger and general Abuse from the trustees, and their closest allies, has become a major distraction from the facts.

is this a common thing to happen, if we believe the board, our finances are in order and we are ok.

Robert Dingus 

Mr. Dingus, I was not able to follow your post and really don't know what you are asking.  I do agree that the vacancies should be filled as soon as possible, but it seems to me the procedure for filling employee vacancies will be different from the method used to fill the elected officer and director vacancies.   I imagine you hire employees but elect your board.

Not common in my experience, but that is all I can speak for.  

You will have to ask a lawyer, I suppose, whether your jumpers are in any way liable once they have resigned.

And don't forget that their "resignations" will not be final until those resignations (actually requests to be relieved of duties - see p. 489ff.) are accepted by the membership.

2 hours ago, Robert Dingus said:

Q. Is it common, for this many board members to jump ship [...]

when they realize they are liable for any financial losses while they were on the board,

since an audit was not conducted, on an annual basis,

the current members are responsible for the past 6 years worth of issues.

>> our General Manager, and both office personnel [...]

>> plus 4 board members, (finance committee chair, long range planning chair, a new appointee with no chair, and Treasurer),

>> all resigned.

My opinion, based on my 25+ years: "No. -- To the contrary: It is rare to have more than 2 resignations at a time."

I have seen 2. I have never run across 3. I have hears stories. But I've never been there when it happened.

So, you are, indeed, in rare company. :(

Archived