The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Interim Officer

Gloria

I am te president of an organization.  Our Vice President (we only have 1 VP) has resigned.  Our bylaws require that the President can fill a vacancy by appointment with the approval of BOD.  The bylaws does not address the naming of interim officers.  I would like to name an interim VP.  Must an interim VP have BOD approval.  

5 hours ago, Gloria said:

I am te president of an organization.  Our Vice President (we only have 1 VP) has resigned.  Our bylaws require that the President can fill a vacancy by appointment with the approval of BOD.  The bylaws does not address the naming of interim officers.  I would like to name an interim VP.  Must an interim VP have BOD approval.  

If your bylaws do not address the naming of interim officers, then it cannot be done. You must follow your bylaws and appoint a Vice President, with the approval of the board.

15 hours ago, Gloria said:

When a vacancy for vice-president is filled, the person holding that office is called "Vice President".  You can't evade the provisions of the bylaws with word play.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.