The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Nominate for committee and executive position?

Secretary2016

I'm creating a new nomination form in time for our next AGM. Many of our members' terms of office expire at the AGM. Do they have to nominate for the committee first and then nominate for an executive position? So, is the first election to just get back on the committee and then is there normally a separate form for the President's role for example?

10 hours ago, Secretary2016 said:

I'm creating a new nomination form in time for our next AGM. Many of our members' terms of office expire at the AGM. Do they have to nominate for the committee first and then nominate for an executive position? So, is the first election to just get back on the committee and then is there normally a separate form for the President's role for example?

It sounds like you are describing as situation where the members of a board (usually not called a committee) are elected by the general membership, and then the board elects its own officers from among its members.  If that's the way your bylaws say to do it, then that's how to do it.  But you'll need to check.  

Also, if your bylaws do not mention nominations, why are you designing some sort of form?  You can't require anyone to use it if the bylaws default to nominations from the floor.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:56 AM, Hieu H. Huynh said:

Secretary2016 also posted similar questions here. Perhaps additional responses should be made in that thread instead of repeating the same information in two threads.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:56 AM, Hieu H. Huynh said:

Secretary2016 also posted similar questions here. Perhaps additional responses should be made in that thread instead of repeating the same information in two threads.

14 minutes ago, Willie Watson said:

I was following this conversation! I thought I joined this forum many months ago (slightly less than a year) because I ask frequent questions.  Mr. Huynh asked a question, that I have been trying to get an answer for!  How do I respond in the same thread (be specific)?  

From the forum topic list, go to (click on the title) the topic you are interested in. If you want to quote a specific response before replying, click the "Quote" button and then type in the box underneath the quoted material. If you don't need to quote a specific response, just click where it says "Reply to this topic..." Either way, when you're done typing, click "Submit Reply"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.