The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Meeting improperly conducted

Hansome

Society Bylaws: The Board shall hold a regular meetings on the third Thursday of each month, at 6 pm, or at a date, time, and location designated. Changes in the date time and location of meeting shall be posted on the bulletin board.

So we show up to the meeting and are asked to leave while the board conducts business. different from the business scheduled. There was no emergency.

Maybe I'm big dealing something here, but I feel it was important to conduct the scheduled business first. and foremost, out of respect for the members who took the time to attend the meeting. Am I wrong here?

It sounds as though the Board had some pressing matter to handle in Executive Session, and that it chose to handle that business at the beginning of its "regular meeting." In and of itself, I don't think that decision violates what you have quoted from the society's bylaws. Impolite, perhaps, but not a violation, unless there are other bylaws dealing with conducting business in Executive Session, or affecting the order or conduct of business.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.