The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Called Meeting/Special Meeting

keefe

When the call goes out for a special meeting does the secretary's name and title go at the bottom or would it be the chairman's name and title?  Or is it not necessary to do either?  I know the president/chairman directs the secretary to send the notice but I am unsure if either needs to be listed on the call.

At the special meeting do you need to list the secretary's report on the agenda in order to approve the previous meetings draft minutes?  Or can they be approved without being listed?  I know only the business specified in the call can be transacted, I just want to make sure I have everything in order.

Thank you.

Whoever sends out the notice of the special meeting should probably have their name on it. RONR specifies that it is the secretary's job to send out such notices ( p.92, ll.28-p.93,l.2), but if for any reason some other officer sends the notice - it should come from an officer and certainly from someone designated in the bylaws to call special meetings - that person's name should probably be on it.

Special meetings do not normally approve minutes of previous meetings (regular or special). If you want to do so, you absolutely need to include that in the call for the meeting.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.