The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Reining in the Reigning President

Guest Curious

We have a president who in the past (when he was president previously) has allegedly berated board members in meetings and made things awkward and uncomfortable for everyone present.

If such a situation were to occur in the future, is there something in Robert's Rules that would allow the other board members to "take control" of the situation? (Since the Chair (!!!) is hardly going to be the one to rein him(self) in...) Could they vote to hand the chair to someone else?

It doesn't seem right to me that a chair should be able to treat his fellow workers poorly.

Thank you both so much. That is very helpful information, for both board meetings and for meetings of the general membership. I hope it won't ever be necessary to use them, but since we're are likely to be reining in his eminence at our next board meeting, I believe an outburst could be forthcoming.

I'd rather be prepared beforehand.

1 hour ago, Guest Curious said:

I'd rather be prepared beforehand.

Excellent advice in any situation.

But...  if all the association members who write in to this B-Board followed it, we, the expert (?) responders, would have nothing to do all day.  We might have to seek out gainful employment...

Or go read RONR ourselves.

6 hours ago, jstackpo said:

Excellent advice in any situation.

But...  if all the association members who write in to this B-Board followed it, we, the expert (?) responders, would have nothing to do all day.  We might have to seek out gainful employment...

Or go read RONR ourselves.

:)

I expect that most of us "writer-inners" are too lazy to become as familiar with RONR as all of you are, so your day jobs are probably safe; we'll always need you. ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.