The Official RONR Q & A Forums

General Discussion

Donald R Head

As a New Member I have not any idea what or where to start my Question!

According to Robert'sRule,the question that I need to have answered is:  If a Motion was made by a member of a group and the person in charge of the meeting asked for a vote on the Motion and All Members voted "yea" with exception of 1 Member voting "ney" or no, the motion was passed and then a motion was made to resind that motion that was already passed and voted in.  Question,can this passed motion that was passed be resinded????????

22 minutes ago, Donald R Head said:

As a New Member I have not any idea what or where to start my Question!

According to Robert'sRule,the question that I need to have answered is:  If a Motion was made by a member of a group and the person in charge of the meeting asked for a vote on the Motion and All Members voted "yea" with exception of 1 Member voting "ney" or no, the motion was passed and then a motion was made to resind that motion that was already passed and voted in.  Question,can this passed motion that was passed be resinded????????

Probably so. The actions which cannot be rescinded are listed on page 308 of RONR (11th ed.).  

Yes. An adopted motion may generally be rescinded as long as it has not already been fully carried out. If it has been partially executed, the unexecuted portions may be rescinded.

Edited to add: I agree with Mr. Honemann's answer. I had started typing a response before anyone else had responded but was interrupted by a phone call and did not realize he had responded.

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last paragraph

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.