The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Reconsider and Enter In the Minutes Wording Subsequent Wording

parkourninja

1 hour ago, parkourninja said:

After a member moves to reconsider and enter in the minutes the vote on... what does the chair reply with assuming it is seconded. Does he/she simply say the Secretary will make a note of it or is there something else that should be said? How does such a motion then appear in the minutes?

I would suggest that the chair also announce that the motion to Reconsider cannot be called up before _______ [the next meeting-day] and that all action on the motion involved is suspended until such time as the reconsideration is dealt with. The minutes could state, "Mr. X moved to reconsider and enter on the minutes the vote on the resolution relating to ..."

32 minutes ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

I would suggest that the chair also announce that the motion to Reconsider cannot be called up before _______ [the next meeting-day] and that all action on the motion involved is suspended until such time as the reconsideration is dealt with. The minutes could state, "Mr. X moved to reconsider and enter on the minutes the vote on the resolution relating to ..."

Good to know. So the President does indeed say "The Secretary will make a note of it" followed by that statement.

5 minutes ago, Richard Brown said:

Well, the secretary should note the making of the motion in the minutes regardless of whether the chair directs the secretary to do so.

Right, but in the case of the motion to reconsider when made at a time when it cannot be called up, the form given says for the president to say "The Secretary will make a note of it". I assumed the same would then apply to the motion to reconsider and enter in the minutes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.