The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Control of the Assembly

parkourninja

48 minutes ago, Alexis Hunt said:

What's the underlying reason for this question?

General curiosity. I saw a test question where the answer was that a motion to lay on the table is still considered in control of the assembly but I wondered if the same applied to referred and postponed motions because the vote in order to consider them out of order (i.e. discharge or to follow a different agenda) is 2/3 vs majority in a motion to lay on the table so I thought that because of the voting discrepancy they may be considered technically out of the hands of an assembly.

5 minutes ago, parkourninja said:

General curiosity. I saw a test question where the answer was that a motion to lay on the table is still considered in control of the assembly but I wondered if the same applied to referred and postponed motions . . . . ( reminder of post omitted)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you studying parliamentary procedure in or through a program or course that is not solely based on RONR? Or perhaps for credentialing through some organization other than NAP or AIP?

3 hours ago, Richard Brown said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you studying parliamentary procedure in or through a program or course that is not solely based on RONR? Or perhaps for credentialing through some organization other than NAP or AIP?

Solely based on RONR, separate from NAP. There's also a performance section.

The test I'm referring to here is NAP's 300 question test.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.