ParliamentaryPlayer

Multiple Action Items

6 posts in this topic

I have a committee with multiple policy action items (8 total) As such, is there a motion to bundle these action items as a singular voting item instead of going line by line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  it's generally called a consent calendar. If there is no objection, all of the items in that group may be adopted at one time. The key is that it must be without objection. If anyone objects, the items must be taken up one by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ParliamentaryPlayer said:

I have a committee with multiple policy action items (8 total) As such, is there a motion to bundle these action items as a singular voting item instead of going line by line?

That can be done, provided that no one objects,  I would suggest that  the committee chair ask for unanimous consent that they be considered as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
Quote
31 minutes ago, J. J. said:

That can be done, provided that no one objects,  I would suggest that  the committee chair ask for unanimous consent that they be considered as a whole.

 

 

As I am the committee chair, Is there specific language I should use to have it considered as a whole / consent calendar? I.E. "I would like to make a motion to consider all action items as whole?" or something like that? Thanks!

Edit: I don't believe I can move these action items to a consent agenda as the board agenda has already been made public. (correct me if I am wrong of course!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ParliamentaryPlayer said:

As I am the committee chair, Is there specific language I should use to have it considered as a whole / consent calendar? I.E. "I would like to make a motion to consider all action items as whole?" or something like that? Thanks!

Edit: I don't believe I can move these action items to a consent agenda as the board agenda has already been made public. (correct me if I am wrong of course!)

If your board has its own rules regarding the consent agenda, then those rules must be followed. I don't know what those rules provide.

Even if it is not permitted to place these items on the consent agenda, I believe it would still be in order to say "Mr. Chairman, if there is no objection, I request that the committee's recommendations be considered as a whole."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Josh Martin said:

If your board has its own rules regarding the consent agenda, then those rules must be followed. I don't know what those rules provide.

Even if it is not permitted to place these items on the consent agenda, I believe it would still be in order to say "Mr. Chairman, if there is no objection, I request that the committee's recommendations be considered as a whole."

Outstanding! Thank you much for your help. Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...