The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Multiple Action Items

ParliamentaryPlayer

4 minutes ago, ParliamentaryPlayer said:

I have a committee with multiple policy action items (8 total) As such, is there a motion to bundle these action items as a singular voting item instead of going line by line?

That can be done, provided that no one objects,  I would suggest that  the committee chair ask for unanimous consent that they be considered as a whole.

31 minutes ago, J. J. said:

That can be done, provided that no one objects,  I would suggest that  the committee chair ask for unanimous consent that they be considered as a whole.

As I am the committee chair, Is there specific language I should use to have it considered as a whole / consent calendar? I.E. "I would like to make a motion to consider all action items as whole?" or something like that? Thanks!

Edit: I don't believe I can move these action items to a consent agenda as the board agenda has already been made public. (correct me if I am wrong of course!)

1 hour ago, ParliamentaryPlayer said:

As I am the committee chair, Is there specific language I should use to have it considered as a whole / consent calendar? I.E. "I would like to make a motion to consider all action items as whole?" or something like that? Thanks!

Edit: I don't believe I can move these action items to a consent agenda as the board agenda has already been made public. (correct me if I am wrong of course!)

If your board has its own rules regarding the consent agenda, then those rules must be followed. I don't know what those rules provide.

Even if it is not permitted to place these items on the consent agenda, I believe it would still be in order to say "Mr. Chairman, if there is no objection, I request that the committee's recommendations be considered as a whole."

24 minutes ago, Josh Martin said:

If your board has its own rules regarding the consent agenda, then those rules must be followed. I don't know what those rules provide.

Even if it is not permitted to place these items on the consent agenda, I believe it would still be in order to say "Mr. Chairman, if there is no objection, I request that the committee's recommendations be considered as a whole."

Outstanding! Thank you much for your help. Much appreciated!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.