The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Violating Bylaws

Jayadev

In our not for profit organization bylaws clearly says to follow a certain procedure to amend an existing bylaw. Either two thirds of full board of trustees or by two thirds of General body which was called for on a special petition signed by 10percent of total members.

But with out following the procedure stated above our semi annual general body passed a resolution to delete a Bylaw .

My question is is it legal? If not what are the remedies. Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Jay

1 hour ago, jay said:

In our not for profit organization bylaws clearly says to follow a certain procedure to amend an existing bylaw. Either two thirds of full board of trustees or by two thirds of General body which was called for on a special petition signed by 10percent of total members.

But with out following the procedure stated above our semi annual general body passed a resolution to delete a Bylaw .

My question is is it legal? If not what are the remedies. Please advise.

What exactly is the nature of the violation?

9 hours ago, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

If the bylaws were not amended in accordance with their own provision for amendment, then the change is null and void. A member could raise a point of order to that effect at a future meeting.

I think we should hear what the exact nature of the violation was before we come to that conclusion.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.