The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Trustee vacancies

Guest Deputy clerk

Guest Deputy clerk

We have two vacancies of trustees. The new mayor was a trustee and his term would have expired 2019. The second trustee spot was a 4 yr spot that no one ran for. At the next board meeting next week the Mayor is wanting to appoint two trustees to fill those spots. I'm not sure how to list it on the agenda. I know they would both need to run again at the next election in 2019 but would they be 2 yr unexpired terms or should I just list as appoint two new trustees for 2 yr terms?  

5 hours ago, Guest Deputy clerk said:

We have two vacancies of trustees. The new mayor was a trustee and his term would have expired 2019. The second trustee spot was a 4 yr spot that no one ran for. At the next board meeting next week the Mayor is wanting to appoint two trustees to fill those spots. I'm not sure how to list it on the agenda. I know they would both need to run again at the next election in 2019 but would they be 2 yr unexpired terms or should I just list as appoint two new trustees for 2 yr terms?  

You  may  have to fill them separately, but this will be covered by the charter and any statutes that cover your municipality.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.