The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Governing Body at the state level uses RONR

Kim K.

2 minutes ago, Kim K. said:

If the governing body over all of the education entities of a state defaults to using Robert's Rules, does that mean an ISD within their jurisdiction would automatically, or be legally guided by the same requirements? 

The superior body's governing documents need to be studied to determine if they require subordinate units to comply in this or other areas.  

"If the unit for which the bylaws are to be drawn up is subject to a parent organization or superior body, such as a state or a national society (or both), or a federation, the bylaws governing at these higher levels should be studied for provisions which are binding upon subordinate units in a way that must be taken into account. The bylaws of a subordinate unit need to conform to those of a superior body only on clearly requisite points. For example, if the superior body limits the size of its subordinate units to 200 members, the bylaws should contain this limit or one that is lower. But the subordinate unit should not adopt provisions from the other document that have no local application, and the bylaws of the superior body should not require it to do so"  RONR (11th ed.), pp. 567-568

19 hours ago, Kim K. said:

Learning more in the last 2 days than I have ever known to date!! 

You didn't go to the fourth grade?  That's where I learned most of what I know now.  But it may be different for you in Michigan.

(Kidding about Michigan)

Edited by Gary c Tesser
Added "Kidding about Michigan." But of cours I have about a 2% shot.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.