The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Special Meeting

fixter

At our last meeting it was pushed through to make a large purchase from a single vendor. It was now brought up that our bylaws state that we have to get three bids. Here is exactly what it says. The last few words make it debatable in my opinion.

The Executive Committee shall secure bids on any expenditure of the company over five hundred dollars ($500.00), if so directed by the company.

I have been asked to call a special meeting. A member wishes to raise a point of order on the ongoing breach. I am waiting on our attorney to let me know what general municipal law says as it is possible there is a violation there. This is time sensitive as they are bringing in the sales people for measurements on Thursday. Is it proper to call a special meeting in that short of time period and is that the correct way to deal with it?

Thanks

3 hours ago, fixter said:

At our last meeting it was pushed through to make a large purchase from a single vendor. It was now brought up that our bylaws state that we have to get three bids. Here is exactly what it says. The last few words make it debatable in my opinion.

The Executive Committee shall secure bids on any expenditure of the company over five hundred dollars ($500.00), if so directed by the company.

I have been asked to call a special meeting. A member wishes to raise a point of order on the ongoing breach. I am waiting on our attorney to let me know what general municipal law says as it is possible there is a violation there. This is time sensitive as they are bringing in the sales people for measurements on Thursday. Is it proper to call a special meeting in that short of time period and is that the correct way to deal with it?

Thanks

Your bylaws should specify how much notice is required for special meetings.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.