The Official RONR Q & A Forums

must action on motion seconded be voted upon?

hoangtrunglien

The Oriental Health health health health health health spa in downtown Bangkok is useful for individuals whose concept of exercising aerobically is lifting a champagne flute, writes ELISABETH KING. Because it opened up in 1876, The Oriental Hotel in Bangkok has skateboarded from sailor's bar, through personal personal personal personal bankruptcy along with a stint as being a wartime Japanese officers' club to obtain de facto private principality in downtown Bangkok. Within the terrace within the Oriental when asleep, within the comfortable old cane chair overlooking the Chao Phraya River, it is not to adore this institution. An infatuation that might just be deepened by catching the ferry for that new Oriental Health health health health health health health health health spa. Massages in Bangkok give you the status to obtain additional louche than luxurious and legit. Not so inside the Oriental, in which the 25 programs made to become ecstasy on health health health health health health spa type of people. http://skateszone.com/

Michael Palin and supermodel Claudia Schiffer used the health spa within my remain at the Oriental and furthermore they join former U . s . states . states . states . states . States President George Plant, Sally Field, Terence Stamp and Jean-Claude van Damme who've sampled the ability because it opened up up up up up up up up up last September. Should you prefer a Modern bootcamp built around extremes of exercise and dieting, mind off for the Asram in la. The Oriental Health health health health health health spa is useful for individuals whose concept of exercising aerobically is lifting a champagne flute. The health spa cost $5.5 million to produce that's immediately apparent when you are without your footwear to go in the interior sanctum within the teak foyer. I used to be assigned therapists who padded us upstairs to among the 10 individual suites - the reality is, vaulting wooden housettes with power showers big enough for 10 people, a lounge, elevated massage area, an enormous marble-and-porcelain vanity unit along with a large fish pond full of carp just outdoors the ground-to-ceiling home home home home home home home home home windows.

You disrobe before surrendering obtaining a big, soft bed bed bed bed bed bed bed bed bed mattress for that appear of Schumann's Liebestraum. The skin is pampered while using the Thalgo skin and the human body care vary from France, essential massage oils from Vie Arome, Guerlain cosmetics through getting an wide-different of non-public-label products incorporating Thai herbs inside the northern hillsides of Thailand. Before transported away while using the fantasy, my companion's experience was destroyed by an allergic rash that started after her second massage. Since many of the therapists can't review all of the ingredients, you may even examine while using the receptionists or, for people who've a sensitive skin, inquire inside the pr department for the printed handout sheets normally restricted to visiting media.

There's a bewildering quantity of treatments that walk the road between Asian and European philosophies. An easy Papaya Body Polish - half an hour - or possibly the 45-minute Jet Lag Massage cost only $25 or join the very best Health health health health health health health health health spa Day (six hrs) of Oriental Body Glow, a Hydrotherapy Session, a Revitalising Seaweed Treatment, a manicure or possibly pedicure, an Aroma therapy Scale Massage and shampoo and blow dry for $306 - the very best cost. George Plant and lots of other men register enthusiastically for the more blokey-sounding sybaritic sessions, which overlap with other people created for girls. Such face-saving terminologies as Stress Recovery Full Treatment, the strain Solution, the manager Rejuvenator along with Invigorator are broadly-familiar with cover tender male egos. Things are accomplished with almost ceremonial elegance inside the health health health health health spa, such as the covering within your body obtaining a sheet for each quiet interlude of meditation between treatments. http://skateszone.com/the-top-8-best-skateboards-for-beginners-reviews-2017/

Japan will be the commonest individuals using five-hour sessions for two main primary primary that come underneath the extravagant title - Pre-Nuptial Pampering Kept in 1 of three luxurious suites. An addiction not confusing transporting out a peek-see inside the suites' private whirlpools, saunas, power showers, steamrooms and vast vanity areas. If you're famous or embarrassingly wealthy, you can hire the Oriental Suite, which there's just one which gives a unique private elevator convenience epitome of luxury surroundings. The health spa includes a Meditation Room through getting an Alpha Massage Room obtaining a contoured bed that cradles your body with soothing massage vibration, gentle aromatic breezes, synchronised lights and calming music. I had been somewhat worried when my Jet Lag Solution treatment incorporated a hydrotherapy session.

A thrilling time I'd needed part in this French- invented type of water torture reaches Deauville after being told that Catherine Deneuve owed her legendary beauty through getting an excellent hose-lower. In solid discomfort next session, I guaranteed that next time I felt enticed to judge being battered by high-powered avalanches water I'd begin a riot and let police pressure get the job done free of charge. Fortunately, inside the Oriental Health health health health health health spa, the hydrotherapy can be a gentle scrub-lower obtaining an easy exfoliant, a 20-minute absorb a jacuzzi full of ocean water and lightly stimulating spray. The Oriental Health health health health health health spa does not push its ancillary exercise and dieting programs but they're created for individuals who believe that your body being labored on might be in better shape. Instead of European, American and Australian treatment prices, the Oriental Health health health health health health spa is extremely affordable. Full-day programs such as the Oriental Experience, the Revitaliser and Health health health health health health spa Madame or Monsieur are available in at $220, $284 and $306 correspondingly.

A few-and-a-30 minutes Jet Lag Solution of body polish, hydrotherapy and full massage is $97. The most effective cost is $3712 for the week extended Romantic Getaway for two main primary primary, including all accommodation inside the Oriental Hotel, limousine transfers, daily health health health health health health health health health spa cuisine meals, sessions inside the Thai Cooking School and Culture School and health health health health health health spa treatments. But you don't have to remain at the Oriental to make use of the health spa. Simply book searching for treatments out of your own hotel if you'd like. Getting There. QANTAS Jetabout Holidays possess a low-season, twin-share five-night package for that Oriental Hotel in Bangkok from $2023 per person includes private vehicle transfers.

Hold the local local tour operator or Qantas Travel Center.. For rates inside the Oriental Hotel, contact Mandarin Oriental Reservations in Sydney on: In October and November the dual-share rate each night is $328 17.seven percent VAT is extra. http://skateszone.com/what-size-skateboard-should-i-get/

CAPTION(S):Photos The health spa, which opened up up up up up up up up up last September, cost $5.5 million to produce. Individuals who've sampled its choices include former U . s . states . states . states . states . States President George Plant, the supermodel Claudia Schiffer and Sally Field The Oriental Hotel has switched within the de facto private principality in Bangkok The Oriental Hotel has survived personal personal personal personal personal personal bankruptcy along with a stint as being a wartime Japanese officers' club

It would come up as unfinished business in the next meeting.

If there was no other main motion made after the one you are referring to (and there shouldn't be unless the Chair really messed up) then it falls under p 358 category a).  If another main motion was made after the first one then it would be p 359 category d) but then that means the Chair really screwed up.. 

In either case, a Point of Order should have been made originally that if unrelated issues need to interrupt disposing of the motion that there was no motion to Lay the Motion on the Table.

To be technical,

until the chair STATES THE QUESTION and thus PLACES THE MOTION BEFORE THE MEETING, the motion has no status.

So, in your case, if the motion kind of "fell through the cracks", then the cleanest solution would be "to let sleeping dogs lie".

See page 32 of RONR (Handling of a Motion).

Neither the making nor the seconding of a motion

places it before the assembly;

only the chair can do that,

by the third step (stating the question).

When the chair has stated the question,

the motion is pending, that is, “on the floor.”

8 hours ago, SaintCad said:

So Kim in your opinion a Chair can kill a motion that has been seconded by simply not stating it?

If the chair fails to state the motion, I'd say a point of order to that effect should be raised, precisely because, if it isn't, the chair will have killed the motion by simply not stating it - at least, if the chair then moves on to other business.

I agree with Mr Katz, but I think in order to answer the original poster's question we need to know what he meant when he said the discussion was interrupted. If the motion was being discussed (debated), then it was properly before the assembly and it would come up at the next meeting as unfinished business. The failure of the chair to State the motion is waived if debate ensues notwithstanding his failure to state the motion.

If the discussion which was interrupted was about something else, or if the original poster meant simply that before there was any debate another motion was made, then I believe the failure of the chair to state the emotion motion effectively killed it.:)

Edited by Richard Brown
Got rid of the emotion.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:04 AM, hoangtrunglien said:

A motion has been seconded but chair let an unrelated question interrupt the discussion and the motion was never acted upon. what happens to the original motion?

O.P., would you tell us what you mean when you say discussion was interrupted? Exactly what discussion was interrupted? Was the motion at issue being debated?

A reminder of real life.

Often, a suggestion of some kind (or here, an interruption of some kind) will obviate the goal/purpose/intent of a motion.

The resulting motion (or resulting action) may have the psychological effect on the chair's mind of distracting the chair, so that the flow of the meeting is pushed toward the "newer" idea, or at least pushed away from the "older" idea.

In such a case the "older" idea becomes moot. Typically, it no longer makes sense to "remember" the motion later, after the assembly has adequately handling whatever subject matter it was, in the newer way.

Real life #2.

I have seen countless boards treat their very own meetings as one giant "committee" -- where there is rapid interchange of conversation, and, not surprisingly, the chair is NOT the party who is the "hub" of the verbal interaction.

In such a case, this kind of board meeting is turned into a "brain storm session" more so than a Robertian "deliberative assembly".

I am not saying that such a board is right. (Their efficiency is always lower than average, and their meetings are always longer than necessary.) But I am saying that countless boards do degenerate into a kind of anarchy, this kind of "free for all".

And when they do, their resulting motion is more or less a "Frankenstein's monster" of creation, and less so a Robertian textbook ideal.

The net result is that the "older" ideas, blurted out loosely and rapidly, become morphed (evolved? crafted?) into an adoptable motion.

It then becomes useless to ask what the parliamentary status is, of Dr. Frankenstein's original bits and pieces, and try to adopt those bits and pieces as if they were ready to adopt at the time of their discard-ment or their morph-ment (whatever direction they took).

I do not know if the original poster's scenario is a match for my above scenario.

But statistically, if I were in Las Vegas, I'd bet money that it was. -- Because it so often is.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.