The Official RONR Q & A Forums

announcing the results of a vote

Guest shrubber

After an vote by ballot ( including absentee ballots ) the officers failed and continue to fail to release the vote tallies. The officers simply state that the vote has passed. This vote required a 2/3 majority. Which part of Robert's should I point to ? Our concern is that the officers will continue to recieve absentee ballots until the majority is met before showing the ( undated )ballots and tallies.

After an vote by ballot ( including absentee ballots ) the officers failed and continue to fail to release the vote tallies. The officers simply state that the vote has passed. This vote required a 2/3 majority. Which part of Robert's should I point to ? Our concern is that the officers will continue to recieve absentee ballots until the majority is met before showing the ( undated )ballots and tallies.

Cite p. 404 to indicate it is required. Raise a point of order and appeal if necessary.

Thank you. But are not those 'should' rules? I thought they were not obligitory to be followed.

I'd say they're on the strong end of the "should" spectrum.

But you could always shift the burden of proof and ask the officers why they're NOT "releasing" the vote tallies. In other words, ask them to show you the rule that says they can know the numbers but other members can't.

Archived