The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Committees

Mitchell

Prior to the AGM which was held last month, our organization's Executive Board had struck a Website Committee to create a new website. At the AGM, all members of the Website Committee were reelected. Since we held an AGM, do we need to re-strike the committee or can the current committee continue with its work?

If you could provide a reference to satisfy my curiosity, I would be grateful.

Prior to the AGM which was held last month, our organization's Executive Board had struck a Website Committee to create a new website. At the AGM, all members of the Website Committee were reelected. Since we held an AGM, do we need to re-strike the committee or can the current committee continue with its work?

If you could provide a reference to satisfy my curiosity, I would be grateful.

The phrase "strike a committee" is not found in RONR.

But if the committee was a creation of the board, why is the general membership messing with it?

The phrase "strike a committee" is not found in RONR.

But if the committee was a creation of the board, why is the general membership messing with it?

The general membership hasn't messed with it; the general membership hasn't done anything but hold an AGM where a new board was elected. I just want to make sure that the committee remains 'intact'.

The general membership hasn't messed with it; the general membership hasn't done anything but hold an AGM where a new board was elected. I just want to make sure that the committee remains 'intact'.

Ah, I was confused when you said, "At the AGM, all members of the Website Committee were reelected".

I assume what you meant was that the board members who were on the committee were re-elected to the board. See p.471 for the "Effect of Periodic Changes in Board Membership".

Ah, I was confused when you said, "At the AGM, all members of the Website Committee were reelected".

I assume what you meant was that the board members who were on the committee were re-elected to the board. See p.471 for the "Effect of Periodic Changes in Board Membership".

My apologies, that was exactly what I meant. So if I am interpreting p. 471 correctly, we will have to re-create the committee.

Thank you very much for your help!

Archived