The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Audit

Guest Emmett

I want to ask when the treasurer's accounts were most recently audited, when the next audit will be conducted, and who will conduct the next audit. How do I properly raise this question and at what point during the annual meeting is it most appropriate for me to do so? Thanks!

I want to ask when the treasurer's accounts were most recently audited, when the next audit will be conducted, and who will conduct the next audit. How do I properly raise this question and at what point during the annual meeting is it most appropriate for me to do so? Thanks!

You don't have to wait for a meeting to ask a question. Just pick up the phone, or write a letter, or send an e-mail message.

I would suppose immediately after the Treasurer gives his report. You could raise the question as a "parliamentary inquiry" I would think, since audits are mentioned in RONR. Or as a "point of information": "Mr. Chairman, [wait for proper recognition - no interruptions, please] has this report been audited?"

I want to ask when the treasurer's accounts were most recently audited, when the next audit will be conducted, and who will conduct the next audit.

How do I properly raise this question and at what point during the annual meeting is it most appropriate for me to do so?

My advice:

If all you want is information, then don't raise the question in an annual meeting!

There are two people who are most likely to know the answer to your question, namely, (a.) the treasurer; (b.) the president.

Therefore, before the annual meeting, telephone your president and/or your treasurer, and ask your question.

There is no need to take up valuable meeting time for personal agendas. It isn't courteous to the other attendees to have your curiosity satisfied, while the clock ticks away.

If you are asking your question for political purposes, like grand-standing, like causing embarrassment, then do it immediately after the treasurer's report. -- Put him on the spot, with no warning, having to improvise an answer in front of an audience. -- That'll show him!

:angry:

Archived