The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda Item Number for Item Tabled at Earlier Meeting

SCCCD

Our agenda items are numbered.

An item presented several months ago was tabled and is scheduled to be presented again at this month's meeting.

Do we keep the original item number or give it a new item number?

Say, how do you know what number is appropriate for what item of business?

Is it computer generated? Is it arbitrary? Is there an algorithm?

Don't you ALWAYS start with "1" in every meeting?

(That what I would do, if someone said, "Let's number each item on the agenda." - Start with numero uno and keeping going.)

(If I saw the topmost item of an agenda numbered as (for example) "647239" and the next item numbered (for example) "4421", my eyebrows would rise higher than my forehead!) :o

Say, how do you know what number is appropriate for what item of business?

Is it computer generated? Is it arbitrary? Is there an algorithm?

Don't you ALWAYS start with "1" in every meeting?

(That what I would do, if someone said, "Let's number each item on the agenda." - Start with numero uno and keeping going.)

(If I saw the topmost item of an agenda numbered as (for example) "647239" and the next item numbered (for example) "4421", my eyebrows would rise higher than my forehead!) :o

Ms. Goldsworthy makes a good point. I do however see resolutions numbers laid on the table or moved for consideration at a different time or specific date as special orders and then consideration is not sequential. That's a slightly different point.

You may wish to consider it as the following:

Item # X: regarding [meeting of dd/mm/yyyy, # x].

There are those who actually carry previous agenda and minutes to refer back to the original appearance. Sometimes notes are made individuals wish to consider so guiding them to the original matter is prudent.

He who writes the agenda draws the map!

Archived