The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Charter School Board Meeting

Guest Rhonda

I went into closed session to ask for an apology as one of the board members called my son a liar. She actually said something like "gross un truths" same thing in my opinion. The would not allow me to take anyone in with me to this meeting. The meeting was video taped. After 10 min. of denial from the person who said it one person said isn't it on video? So they told me to come back in a month to have a meeting. Was informed yesterday that I am to go to closed session again to view a clip. Can I take someone with me or am I required to go into the room with these lets say not so honest people and watch a video clip? Does anyone know what my rights are? Thanks for your time.

Rhonda

I went into closed session to ask for an apology as one of the board members called my son a liar. She actually said something like "gross un truths" same thing in my opinion. The would not allow me to take anyone in with me to this meeting. The meeting was video taped. After 10 min. of denial from the person who said it one person said isn't it on video? So they told me to come back in a month to have a meeting. Was informed yesterday that I am to go to closed session again to view a clip. Can I take someone with me or am I required to go into the room with these lets say not so honest people and watch a video clip? Does anyone know what my rights are? Thanks for your time.

Rhonda

As far as the rules in Robert's Rules of Order are concerned, if you are not a member of this board you have no rights at all in connection with its meetings. Perhaps there is something in this Charter School's governing documents regarding your rights in this situation?

As far as the rules in Robert's Rules of Order are concerned, if you are not a member of this board you have no rights at all in connection with its meetings. Perhaps there is something in this Charter School's governing documents regarding your rights in this situation?

You shold consult an attorney or the department of education of the state in which you reside in regards to your rights of representation at a hearing such as this. The question you have asked is beyond the scope of this forum.

-Bob

Dan, however did you figure Rhonda was asking about a charter school, without borrowing Kim's crystal ball, which you advised me in 2004 to give him back??

Archived