The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Looks like I will be the first post here.

I wonder if Olivia is going to import all 75,000 messages from the old forum or just within the last week or so?

Yes, all of the messages will be imported. I had hoped that I could work with the company that hosts this board to time it more perfectly, but they cannot tell me exactly when they can do the import. I was concerned that once I sent them the data, any new messages and replies would end up getting lost so we went ahead and did the switch over today so that all new messages can be intered into the new system. Hopefully it will not take them long to take care of the import.

Since this is the only live thread at the moment, I'll mention that the 'Members' tab leads me to an error message, as does 'My Profile' under my user name. I assume this is a temporary transition issue, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks for mentioning it. Please try it again. You may need to refresh your browser.

Thanks for mentioning it. Please try it again. You may need to refresh your browser.

Still the same problem. I have logged out and back in (new browser tab) since mentioning the issue the first time a few minutes ago. I'm using Firefox. I can try starting a new browser session to see if that clears it up.

>> [#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles. <<

This is what I get when I click on 'My Profile'.

Am I alone in saying that I liked the old format better?

I usually dislike changes in format. Yes, there are some things that were actually quicker with the old format (for example, more topic titles fit on one page, and the little red arrows showing new activity were easier to pick up than the visual cues provided in the new format). However, there is so much improvement in basic function here, that it more than makes up for those losses, IMO.

Archived