The Official RONR Q & A Forums

spill chucking

I use Firefox (currently 9.0.1) on a PC (hey, leave me alone!) and have recently noticed that the built-in spell check function no longer is working. I've googled the problem, and tried several corrections (the Tools-Options setting is ticked, of course, I've downloaded a new dictionary file, and even messed around in about:config) to no avail. I always use Firefox, and although I know I've had an update/upgrade or two installed in recent months, I'm sure I did nothing (knowingly, at least) to disable the function. It used to work fine, with the red squiggle underlines frequently appearing.

Any Firefox users out there with a plan D for me? I'm getting weary of actually reading my own posts before I click the submit button. :)

Any Firefox users out there with a plan D for me?

I fired up Firefox (I've been using Chrome since it came out) ank se no spl chck. I went to Tools - Options - General and "Check my spelling as I type" is checked so I'm (temporarily) stumped as well. You could try using Chrome.where spell-checking is alive and well.

hMpQj2

Thiss is mi tost of thhe samme problim - no better as I tipe. I'm using a Mac 10.7.2 (Lion) and Firefox beta (Version 10.0).

However..... I went to another web page -- a blog comment space -- and the spell check worked there. Then I came back here -- this was in a separate tab -- and lo & beholld the red lines appeared both under my previously typed words (previously before opening the second tab) and somme misspeld words.

Makes me suspect the RONR web page more than the browser.

Archived