The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Allow larger profile pic files

I'm unable to upload a profile picture because they all are too big, from my ipad, phone and even grabbed photos from the web. Can you allow the site to accept larger files? Or give us a choice of canned pics to choose from, such as, a cute bunny, a snake, and a donkey. Maybe even a really calming nature scene. Anything except these grayed out silhouettes. Thanks! DC

As for whether this forum can be modified so you can use larger sized pics you probably are going to have to wait until our tech guru reads the message for a definitive answer.  However, I have found a workaround that does work albeit takes a bit of work.  If the pic is too large you can save it on the computer, check to see how big a file it is, open it in Paint (other programs might work as well), resize the pic (I usually start by shrinking it down by 25%), save it, check the size, and repeat as necessary until it gets to 50 KB (which I believe is the maximum size the forum will take) or less.

The same process also works when you are trying to use a pic as the Wallpaper on the Desktop but the pic is too fuzzy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived