The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Co-chairs

Daisy Carrington

Thank you all for the lively and enlightening discussion. I appreciate the advice and guidance. I enjoy hearing everyone's well reasoned arguments. I have learned something and can take action knowing that I have been well informed by the experts in the field.

Or, judging by all the boat pictures, by the experts in the stream. :)

[Edited to add: No, that comment was really not worth adding a Page 2 to this discussion.]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JD Stackpole, I have RONRIB, and I've read three other books on RONR. Plowing through the real thing is a goal. Mr. Fish, I understand and agree with your recommendations. But I'm looking for what we MUST do not what is recommended. If we need to change the bylaws for the voting of cochairs, well certainly spell out cochairs. I'm hoping we don't need to go that way, as after all this discussion, I see the aversion to cochairs. I have to say though, somehow they work just fine on the PTA. Every PTA I've known has had them. I'm just trying to adhere to the rules. I'm sure my compatriot PTAers think I'm annoying.

You are free to hope.  However, unless your bylaws authorize co-chairs, or half-offices, or whatever, you do not have them.   The fact that this violation is rampant is a thousand PTAs doesn't change that fact.  Ask your state level PTA, and see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived