The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motion Postponed "Too Long" -- Status?

jstackpo

Perhaps you had better read the original post again.

Okay:

There was much debate on the motion in the diaconate at its October 2014 meeting. The motion was postponed to the April 2015 meeting.

October to April appears to be more than a quarterly interval. What am I missing?

I think Dan is talking about one "original post" and Gary and 1st Church are talking about another one.  Dan is apparently referring to the original post in this thread by Dr. Stackpole.  Here is the key part of the first post in it:

Setup:  Monthly meetings, A, B, & C

At meeting A main motion MM is (improperly) postponed to meeting C, but nobody catches the error.

What is the status of MM when Meeting B rolls around?

I believe Gary and 1st Church are referring to the first post in the other thread in the general discussion forum where this issue first came up.  That original post did refer to the matter being postponed from the October, 2014 meeting to the April, 2015 meeting.  Here is a link to that thread which was by 1st Church:  http://robertsrules.forumflash.com/index.php?/topic/24654-fix-a-mistake/

They are referring to the first post in two different threads. 

I think Dan is talking about one "original post" and Gary and 1st Church are talking about another one.  .....

I believe Gary and 1st Church are referring to the first post in the other thread in the general discussion forum where this issue first came up.  

Until right now I hadn't even posted in this thread, so I don't think I was referring to anything.

Archived