The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Vote results in minutes

Guest SallyW

At our last meeting a voice vote was taken on a motion.  The chair announced that the motion was adopted.  A member called for a division and a counted vote was taken.  The motion was also adopted with the counted vote.  Should the minutes reflect that a voice vote, division and counted vote occurred?  Or should the minutes just reflect that the motion was adopted and the number of ayes and nos?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

9 minutes ago, Guest SallyW said:

At our last meeting a voice vote was taken on a motion.  The chair announced that the motion was adopted.  A member called for a division and a counted vote was taken.  The motion was also adopted with the counted vote.  Should the minutes reflect that a voice vote, division and counted vote occurred?  Or should the minutes just reflect that the motion was adopted and the number of ayes and nos?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

If the vote was counted, the count could be in the minutes. 

Thanks for the information.  I understand that the count should be entered into the minutes.  But - do we also need to document that a voice vote occurred and a division requested, or can we just put in the ultimate result of the motion being adopted and the count?

2 minutes ago, Guest SallyW said:

Thanks for the information.  I understand that the count should be entered into the minutes.  But - do we also need to document that a voice vote occurred and a division requested, or can we just put in the ultimate result of the motion being adopted and the count?

I think you can just say - "A count having been ordered, there were _________in favor and __________opposed and the motion was adopted."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.