The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Annual Financial Reports

Guest Bryan Johnson

Question: Annual Financial reports (since 2014) weren't tabled at AGM. We cannot run the meeting with those reports. We asked Treasurer to complete reports but she/he kept delaying for more than 2 years. She/he ignored my request on behalf of the Board of Directors.  What do I do with this treasurer's behavior? I'm open.  Many thanks!

16 minutes ago, Guest Bryan Johnson said:

Question: Annual Financial reports (since 2014) weren't tabled at AGM. We cannot run the meeting with those reports. We asked Treasurer to complete reports but she/he kept delaying for more than 2 years. She/he ignored my request on behalf of the Board of Directors.  What do I do with this treasurer's behavior? I'm open.  Many thanks!

See Chapter XX, disciplinary action, especially pp. 253-4.   

Well, I don't know exactly what happened here, but I'd consider the possibility that you need a new treasurer, which will involve looking at bylaw provisions for terms of office, officer removal, and discipline, and RONR for their interpretation and for what to do when your rules are silent.  On a non-parliamentary note, it seems to me that, at least sometimes, when treasurers refuse to provide such information, there is a reason.  I'd think the organization should consider an audit after replacing the treasurer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.