The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Special Meeting

Guest Dawn

I am the chairman.  I have one commissioner that wants a special meeting. I have another commissioner that does not.  I broke the tie and scheduled a special meeting.  What exactly is needed to make a special meeting occur?  That fact that one commissioner has several issues that he would like to discuss, is that enough, for a special meeting?  

Guest Who's Coming to Dinner

A special meeting may be held only if permitted by your bylaws and according to the requirements therein. Generally, it may be for any matter that your commission is empowered to take up. Notice of the time and place, and the business to be considered, must be provided to all members a reasonable time in advance.

1 hour ago, Guest Dawn said:

I am the chairman.  I have one commissioner that wants a special meeting. I have another commissioner that does not.  I broke the tie and scheduled a special meeting.  What exactly is needed to make a special meeting occur?  That fact that one commissioner has several issues that he would like to discuss, is that enough, for a special meeting?  

Is this a local legislature, e.g. a city or county commission?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.