The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motion after Taking a poll

Guest Lisa

Our organization is selecting a community issue topic . We have taken several polls and have it narrowed down to five topics.( all five rank around the same number ) we are going to do a presentation at our upcoming General Membership Meeting and than do one more rank. We would like to vote the top ranked issues  at the same General Membership Meeting. Our bylaws state to give five days notice on Voting Motions. How do we word the motion when we don’t know which topic will win the rank ??  

2 hours ago, Guest Lisa said:

Our organization is selecting a community issue topic . We have taken several polls and have it narrowed down to five topics.( all five rank around the same number ) we are going to do a presentation at our upcoming General Membership Meeting and than do one more rank. We would like to vote the top ranked issues  at the same General Membership Meeting. Our bylaws state to give five days notice on Voting Motions. How do we word the motion when we don’t know which topic will win the rank ??  

I would place a blank where the topic would go and explain in the notice that “The topic to be inserted in the blank will be determined based on feedback from the members and shall be one of the following five topics (list them).”

18 hours ago, Josh Martin said:

I would place a blank where the topic would go and explain in the notice that “The topic to be inserted in the blank will be determined based on feedback from the members and shall be one of the following five topics (list them).”

P'raps the notice should read "shall include one of..." rather that "shall be one of...".    This will remind folks that other options could be offered to fill the blank -- I don't see that the notice precludes additional [fill the blank] options.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.