The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Is this verbiage OK?

gregory

I'm writing quite a few bylaw amendments that I would prefer to be voted on by secret ballot.

Each bylaw amendment starts out with..." I move to vote by secret ballot to amend Bylaw Article V to add a new section.

Or I move to vote by secret ballot to amend bylaw Article V Section (e) to read...

My Friend says it's better to add the secret ballot request as a secondary motion behind the main motion, is this correct?

I'm writing quite a few bylaw amendments that I would prefer to be voted on by secret ballot.

Each bylaw amendment starts out with..." I move to vote by secret ballot to amend Bylaw Article V to add a new section.

Or I move to vote by secret ballot to amend bylaw Article V Section (e) to read...

My Friend says it's better to add the secret ballot request as a secondary motion behind the main motion, is this correct?

Yes.

Why is it that with a man of so few words, and with such succinct sentiments, on the authorship team, the book is as big and wordy as it is? :) Just a rumination......

He has to work with three other authors (that are on the cover at least-sure there are dozens more who took part in the wordsmithing)?

Your friend is correct, if that helps clarify Mr. Honemann's response.

Archived